This easy chicken pot pie recipe is a great recipe that you can have ready for the days you don’t feel like spending a ton of time on dinner. You can make an easy bread bowl with the crescent rolls in the oven.
Now that the holidays are over and the new year is beginning, I have been searching for family meals that are both easy to make and also on the lighter side. This way we can start getting healthier and slimmer in the new year. The easy part is just as important because I would rather spend time with my family than work in the kitchen for hours. So I created and easy chicken pot pie recipe that is perfect for busy nights.
I stumbled upon a few women in the soup aisle. They were debating which Progresso® Light Soups to buy. They turned me on to a few options that I had not considered before. They recommended the Progresso® Light Soup Creamy Potato Bacon Cheese and the Progresso® Light Chicken Pot Pie Soup. I bought a few cans of both and was extremely happy with the flavor of both!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe – In A Bread Bowl
This is such a comforting recipe on cold, cloudy days. Everything about it screams comfort food. From the chicken to the potatoes and veggies, to the flaky bread bowl crust. It’s perfect for days when you just need that extra something but don’t have time to make it.
Croissant Chicken Pot Pie
I used the Progresso® Light Chicken Pot Pie Soup to recreate a Croissant Chicken Pot Pie that I had when I was on vacation in St. Pete a few months ago. I have been dreaming about the flakey pastry and the soup for quite some time and have finally figured out a way to make it without spending all day making croissants. Have you ever read a croissant recipe? It is extremely intimidating with hours between each step!! Who has time for that!?
Tastes Homemade Without Spending Hours In The Kitchen
This recipe looks and tastes homemade. But it takes almost no time at all to make. I baked the croissants and heated the soup on the stove. And look at it! It looks so beautiful and impressive!
What Is Chicken Pot Pie?
Have you wondered what exactly chicken pot pie is? As I was making this recipe, I wondered it too. At its core, chicken pot pie is a creamy chicken soup with a crust or breading of some kind. If you want to be traditional, it should have a flaky crust, like a pie. But there are a ton of variations too.
Chicken Pot Pie Variations
There are lots of ways to make chicken pot pie, and each of them is unique. Here are a few of my favorite ways to make chicken pot pie:
- Slippery Pot Pie – Make a creamy chicken soup with large egg noodles
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie – Cook the creamy soup all day, then bake some biscuits go with it
- From Scratch Chicken Pot Pie – Or you can go all out and make a homemade crust and a homemade creamy chicken soup.
- Chicken Pot Pie With Puff Pastry – You can make a really super flaky crust with puff pastry. The result is amazing.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Let’s look at how to make the easiest chicken pot pie, ever!
- Progresso® Light Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Butter Croissant Tubes
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish (optional)
Unroll the croissant tube making sure not to break up the triangles.
You want to keep the rectangles together and basically, make the seam disappear by rubbing the two sides together.
Separate the rectangles and give them a good stretch.
Fold them over longways and pile them on top of each other – 4 rectangles high.
Push them down together and then push the sides in so that the dough is a square.
Do this to all four tubes so that you can make four croissant soup bowls. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
When the croissant towers are done baking, make a square hole in the bread to make them into croissant bowls.
Heat the Progresso® Light Chicken Pot Pie Soup as directed on the package.
Ladle the soup into the croissant bowls.
Sprinkle fresh parsley over the soup to garnish.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 18.5 oz Progresso® Light Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 8 oz Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish
- Unroll the croissant tube making sure not to break up the triangles.
- You want to keep the rectangles together and basically, make the seam disappear by rubbing the two sides together.
- Separate the rectangles and give them a good stretch.
- Fold them over longways and pile them on top of each other - 4 rectangles high.
- Push them down together and then push the sides in so that the dough is a square.
- Do this to all four tubes so that you can make four croissant soup bowls. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- When the croissant towers are done baking, make a square hole in the bread to make them into croissant bowls.
- Heat the Progresso® Light Chicken Pot Pie Soup as directed on the package.
- Ladle the soup into the croissant bowls.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley over the soup to garnish.
Box Tops for Education
Did you know that Progresso® Light Soups have Box Tops for Education on them? I have always wanted to collect these and have tried a few times. This year I am determined and have started a little envelope for them in my kitchen. How are you going to remember to collect Box Tops for Education this year?
If you make this Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #GOLIGHTLYFOOD. I’d love to see what you cook!
More Soup Recipes
Here are more of my favorite soup recipes, for those days when you need a little extra warmth.