Keto Cranberry Sauce is the perfect no fuss side dish that is a perfect choice for a holiday menu. This low carb cranberry sauce is made in the pressure cooker with fresh cranberries and is the best recipe choice for those of us sticking to a Keto Diet.
It is so simple to bring a side dish to your next potluck that will leave you with nothing, but an empty container to take home.
We love Side Dishes of almost any kind. I mean who doesn’t love a good side dish! If you are looking for other recipes to consider, we used our sugar free cranberry sauce to make this cranberry cream cheese recipe. It is always a major hit as well.
The holidays are nearly upon us and we are all thinking about what to make for Thanksgiving and Christmas. While on a low carb diet like the Keto diet, you have to think ahead otherwise you’ll end up consuming all the carbs that come along with this holiday. The holiday is chock full of land mines of carbs – appetizers, desserts, and side dishes!
My mom usually starts dividing up the foods that everyone will make for Thanksgiving. We already have a text chain going on who will make what for Thanksgiving.
Newest Video Recipe
The one thing that does make holiday cooking hard is that we only have one oven. That is when you break out your slow cookers, air fryer, and pressure cookers to the side dish heavy lifting. I rely on my Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi to the do a lot of the work. I pressure cook vegetables, and in this case, one of the easiest cranberry sauce recipes EVER!
The best part is that with the Ninja Foodi, you only need one device to complete this recipe. All you have to do is throw the ingredients into the pressure cooker and forget it while you work one something else. It will beep when it is done.
I am giving you instructions for this low carb cranberry sauce so that you can make it with or without the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot.
- 12 ounces Cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 1/2 Cup Confectionary Swerve
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
How to Make Keto Cranberry Sauce in the Pressure Cooker?
To make pressure cooker cranberry sauce, add fresh cranberries, water, confectionary swerve, orange essential oil or orange zest, vanilla extract, and salt.
Set the pressure cooker to high pressure for 10 minutes. Put the valve to the sealing position so that the pressure can build.
When the timer beeps that cranberry sauce is done, shut off the pressure cooker and natural release the steam.
Once you can open the lid, mix the cranberry sauce together.
Serve hot or cold.
How to Make Low Carb Cranberry Sauce on the Stove?
Start by heating a medium pot on medium heat on the stove top.
Add 12 ounces of fresh cranberries, 3/4 cup of water, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1 cup of confectionary swerve.
Then, add 8 drops of orange essential oil or 1 tsp of orange zest. I know a lot of people use orange juice in their cranberry sauce, but orange juice is filled with sugar.
You can easily make this homemade cranberry sauce in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Then, allow the cranberries to boil.
Once it boils, lower the heat and set a timer for 15 minutes.
Keep stirring to make sure that the cranberries do not burn.
At 15 minutes, take the pot off the heat and add the 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Allow the cranberry sauce to cool.
For this sugar free cranberry sauce, I used orange essential oil. But, you can also use orange zest. I know a lot of people use orange juice in their cranberry sauce, but orange juice is filled with sugar. In order to keep this Keto low carb, you have to avoid added sugars that come from ingredients like OJ.
We used Confectionary Swerve in this cranberry sauce recipe, but you can also use other sugar alcohols that are sugar free. Choose your sweetener based on what you have in the pantry. Swerve is one of our favorites based on after taste and versatility. You can read more about Swerve Confectionary Sugar here.
Try these other Keto Sides
You will love this Keto cranberry sauce so much. We also love severing these Keto friendly recipes during the the holiday as well. These air fried Brussel sprouts are so crispy and go great with this Keto Green Bean Casserole. If you love cauliflower as much as we do, you can also make these cauliflower mashed potatoes and Keto Mac & Cheese in your pressure cooker.
Ninja Foodi – Air Fryer & Pressure Cooker
If you do not have an air fryer or pressure cooker for the upcoming cooking season, here are the ones I own already. I can attest to their awesomeness.
- Ninja Foodi – I have this Ninja Foodi in white that I got from QVC. It is both a pressure cooker and an air fryer. It says that it is 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker w/ TenderCrisp Technology.
- So far, I have used Saute’, Pressure, and Air Crisp. You can also Slow Cook, Broil, Bake/Roast, and Steam. There is a deal on the Ninja Foodi on QVC right now and you can also get an extra $10 off your first order with TAKE10
- Instant Pot – I have this Instant Pot which allows me to cut down cook time to minutes rather than hours. It has 15 preset programs that takes the stress out of cooking. You can make instant pot cranberry sauce and tons more recipes in this amazing pressure cooker.
Print out the Keto Cranberry Sauce recipe to make it easy to make in your kitchen!
Keto Cranberry Sauce
- To make pressure cooker cranberry sauce, add fresh cranberries, water, confectionary swerve, orange essential oil or orange zest, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Set the pressure cooker to high pressure for 10 minutes. Put the valve to the sealing position so that the pressure can build.
- When the timer beeps that cranberry sauce is done, shut off the pressure cooker and natural release the steam.
- Once you can open the lid, mix the cranberry sauce together.
- Serve hot or cold.