Lately, I have been skipping sugar with amazing results. I am 4 pounds down with 4 cm off my waist and hips. However, I have been craving dessert but did not want to break the bank on calories so I came up with a low calorie no-bake blueberry cheesecake recipe that you don’t have to bake.
Spring in South Florida is marked by an abundance of blueberries in the store. Since it is a crop from Florida, they are extremely inexpensive and taste amazing!! I eat blueberries all year, but during spring, it is my favorite! My palette is ready for spring and the sweetness of fresh ripe blueberries. I decided to bring my home into the spring season with this No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake. The house now is decorated with for Easter and every meal has a little blueberry sweetness in it!
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 3/4 Cups Low Fat Graham Crackers
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 8 oz low-calorie cream cheese
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 box of sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- 8 oz Fat-Free Cool Whip
- 1 Can of Blueberry Pie Filling or make your own with these ingredients:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 5 cups fresh blueberries divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Start by letting the cream cheese get to room temperature.
- To make the crust:
- Melt the butter.
- Put the low-fat graham crackers in a resealable plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin or your hands. You should have enough for 1 3/4 cups.
- Pour the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter into a medium-sized bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of an 8 by 8-inch pan and put it into the refrigerator.
- To make the filling:
- Put the cream cheese into a large bowl and beat it with a hand mixer until it is smooth. Then add in the milk and lemon juice and beat slowly as to not splash too much. Once mixed add in the vanilla pudding mix and mix it all together until combined.
- Once it is combined take the 8 oz container of light cool whip and fold it into the cream cheese mixture until smooth.
- Then slowly spoon the filling on top of the graham cracker crust and refrigerate overnight.
- Make Your Own Blueberry Pie Filling:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine constarch, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth. Add 3 cups of fresh blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat. Add butter, lemon juice and remaining berries; stir until butter is melted. Let it cool. Pour over cheesecake.
Here are some more awesome desserts from April Golightly that I think you might enjoy: