After all the overeating that comes with the holiday season, this easy One Pot Pad Thai is the perfect light dinner or lunch that your family will love as much as mine does. Not only is it delightful, but the clean up is fantastic!
We are finally at that time of the year, the moment where we get to eat a lot, drink a lot and laugh a lot. I mean it’s like a dream come true right? Except after we eat, we are left with lots of dishes to clean. I’m so over cleaning and using all the dishes in my kitchen.
And that’s my friend when we start craving all light dishes. So this one pot vegan pad thai has become my go-to meal of choice for after the holidays. This is super healthy pad thai recipe, but it’s so flavorful that you forget that it is so good for you.
Trust me when I say, this one pot pad thai is so delicious it’s going to become a staple in your home. It’s become a crowd favorite in my household.
One Pot Vegan Pad Thai Recipe
The pad thai noodles pair so well with the yummy vegetables like the shredded carrots, bean sprouts, and green onions. Bean sprouts are the healthy vegetable rockstar of this dish. They are a rich source of amino acids, vitamins and minerals, and fiber. They contain vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K, folate and are an excellent source of iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and zinc. Learn more about their health benefits here.
How to Make Pad Thai Sauce
The pad thai sauce is made with a mixture of sesame oil, peanuts, garlic, sriracha sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, and water. Sesame seed oil is said to improve hair and skin health, stimulate healthy bone growth, reduce blood pressure, maintain good heart health, manage anxiety and depression, prevent cancer, improve the digestive process, and lower inflammation. For oil, it has some excellent health benefits that should not be ignored.
Putting in the proper amount of sriracha to make the pad thai sauce the perfect amount of spicy takes a delicate hand. Remember you can always add more, you can’t take it away once it is in your pad thai sauce.
If you love this recipe, you will fall head over heels for this One Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe.
One Pot Pad Thai Recipe
- 1 cup rice noodles
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp srirachi sauce (can substitute with fish or oyster sauce if you want)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (plus 2 more if you want extra sauce)
- 2 tbsp water
1 cup firm tofu, dicedGarnish
- First dice tofu, garlic, and green onions. Add them to a saute’ pan along with sesame oil. Sauté on med-high heat until tofu slightly starts to turn a golden color.
- Crack an egg into your pan, stirring/breaking up frequently for around 8 minutes while it all cooks together. Your tofu will get a nice coating of egg/crispness during this step and brown up a little more.
- Add in noodles,half of your peanuts, sriracha sauce, brown sugar, water, and soy sauce. Stir and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add in carrots and bean sprouts, cover your pan, and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Give it a final few stirs, remove from heat, and plate. Top with Lime, green onions and the other half of the peanuts.
Instructions for One Pod Pad Thai Noodles Recipe
Add in pad thai noodles, half of your peanuts, sriracha sauce, brown sugar, water, and soy sauce. Stir and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
Add in shredded carrots and bean sprouts, cover your pan and cook for another 8 minutes.
Give the pad thai final few stirs, remove from heat and plate. Top with freshly squeezed lime, diced green onions and the other half of the peanuts.
Pin to Save this Pad Thai Recipe for Later
Any questions about this recipe?
Leave in the Comments Below.
If you love this recipe, you will fall head over heels for this One Pot Chicken Tikka Masala.