You know those recipes that you make at every party because they are just that popular? This sticky wings recipe is like that. These wings are sweet and sticky and you seriously can’t stop eating them.
Summer is right around the corner and I have been getting ready with recipe creation, and I have so excited to say that I perfected them. These yummy sticky wings are delicious and perfect for a game day party and beyond!
Chicken Wings Are the Perfect Appetizer
I love having friends over. In fact, appetizers are some of my favorite foods to make! And one of the best appetizers for any party, anytime, is a platter of chicken wings. There are so many ways to make them. And you can make a huge platter of them and feed the entire party.
What flavors do you think of when you hear the word “Summertime”? Maybe it’s BBQ. Perhaps it’s fruit.
For me, it’s citrus and honey. I have a sweet tooth, I admit it. In the summer, I love margaritas, sno-cones, and crispy grilled meats.
This recipe features citrus juice with brown sugar and lip-smacking ponzu sauce. Make a huge batch, everyone will eat them up!
How to Make Addicting Sticky Wings
These chicken wings are baked in the oven. There is no marinating required. So you can have the entire batch all finished in an hour or less.
The secret really is in the sauce! Save it and use it as a glaze for pork chops. It’s also perfect to toss on popcorn chicken.
Sticky Chicken Wings Ingredients
This is what you will need to have on hand to make these chicken wings:
- Chicken Wings, raw
- Ponzu Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Pineapple Juice
- Garlic Powder
- Ginger Powder
I have the complete recipe with all the instructions in the printable recipe card below. But here is an overview of how to make these tantalizing wings.
1. Bake the Chicken Wings. The first step is to bake the chicken wings in the oven.
2. Make the sauce. While the wings are baking, start simmering the sauce on the stove. Mix all the ingredients together and let it all simmer into a thick and yummy sauce.
3. Add Cornstarch and Water. This is called a slurry. It will make the sauce thicker.
4. After 30 minutes baste the chicken wings with the sauce. Pull out the chicken wings and lightly brush this sticky sauce all over them.
5. Bake the wings for 20 minutes. Just bake them until they get crispy.
6. Coat in the sauce. After they are fully cooked, toss them in the rest of the sauce.
That is it! It’s a pretty simple recipe. Don’t forget to pin this post! You’ll want to find it later for all those parties and celebrations you host.
Sticky Wings Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375
- Season wings with salt and pepper on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine ¼ Cup Ponzu Sauce, 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar, ¼ Cup Pineapple Juice, ½ tsp Garlic Powder, ½ tsp Ginger Powder, and 1 Tbsp. Butter - bring to a boil to make the wing sauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornstarch and water to make a slurry.
- Add the wing sauce to the cornstarch and water mixture and stir until it thickens.
- After 30 minutes, remove wings from the oven and lightly baste them with the sauce.
- Return the wings to the oven for another 10 - 15 minutes or until they get slightly crispy.
- Pour the remaining sauce into a big bowl and add 1 tbsp. butter.
- Transfer the wings into the bowl and give them a good coating of the sauce.
If you are looking for an easy cocktail to bring to a dinner party that is low carb, check out White Claw. It has between 2 to zero carbs with 100 to 70 calories per can.
More Amazing Party and Appetizer Recipes
While you are here, check out my other party food recipes! The bacon and tomato guaco is life-changing!