When choosing the best frames for high prescription, it is important to pick the right frame, material, lens, and company. Here are four tips that will save you a lot of time, money, and hassle. Having cute glasses is one of my favorite ways to rock motherhood in style.
I had so much fun shopping for glasses on OzealGlasses.com. There are so many cute eyeglasses to pick from that I could not pick just one pair! I picked the Radiant Orchid glasses and these round Ospirit Burberry Tortoiseshell glasses. These glasses are a great everyday pair that I have been wearing non-stop. The cool thing about Ozeal is that the prices are so reasonable that you do not have to buy just one pair!
- 12 Ways to Rock Motherhood in Style
- The Best Jeans for an Hourglass Figure
- How to Get Stylish Glasses for Less
- How to Choose Sunglasses that Flatter your Face
- 5 Great Ways to Do Hair While Wearing Glasses
Tips for the Best Frames for A High Prescription
- Choose plastic glasses over metal frames. Plastic frames are lightweight and still customizable to fit your personality. They remain the most common and budget-friendly.
- Look for glasses that have a frame around the entire lens. In full-rim glasses, the lenses are covered on all sides with the frames. This helps minimize the appearance of the lens’ thickness.
- Buy glasses online that do not charge a fortune for high index lenses. Because of their ability to bend light more efficiently, high-index lenses for nearsightedness have thinner edges than lenses with the same prescription power to avoid the coke bottle effect. The lighter, thinner edges require less lens material, which reduces the overall weight of the lenses.
- Don’t buy glasses that have a huge lens. The further you get away from the focal point on a lens, the thicker the lens will be and the more distortion that will exist.
Ozeal Glasses always has a ton of deals going on. I used a coupon code so that I could get two pairs of glasses instead of just one pair. You can do the same by liking them on Facebook where they have fans only coupons. Two pairs of glasses were less than $225!
That was even with huge prescription with Ultra High Index 1.74 (50% Thinner) and anti-scratch and anti-glare coating. My prescription is -7.00 and -7.50 so the High Index is a necessary evil for me.
I went with 40% thinner than standard on the Radiant Orchid glasses and could not really tell the difference between 50% thinner on the round pair. It is a big price difference so if your prescription is close to mine or less and you are getting similar frames, I would go with the 40% option.
My trend alert for this post is the round glasses are on trend and fun to wear.
Round glasses frames are the original eyeglasses design. In the early 20th century, they were the only shape you could find. Round eyeglasses convey simple and natural, honest and intelligent, thoughtful, independent, and smart. The orb shape reminds us of enduring qualities like the sun and moon.
What tips or questions do you have about choosing the best frames for high prescription?