You have never made a wine spritzer like this one! The lemon and peppers in it make it just a little spicy – which makes it unforgettable!
Serve this fun drink at your next girl’s night in or when you are celebrating something. It’s the perfect party drink.
I Became A DIY Mixologist
A while ago, I attended a blogging booty camp with the SITS Girls that had me working on all kinds of fun things for the blog, including this drink recipe, videos, a new social media strategy, and a new about me page. I wanted to put this drink recipe together last year, but came up with the idea during the fall and it seemed like more of a spring and summer drink.
I started playing with a bottle of Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc from Mirrasou. I made lots of drinks over the weekend with both wines and found that this is the best one by far! Enjoy my Zesty Wine Spritzer and let me know how you like it.
Sometimes I am in the mood for wine and something bubbly at the same time. That’s when a spritzer is a perfect answer.
What is a Spritzer?
Basically, a wine spritzer is a drink made with wine and a carbonated beverage like carbonated water or sparkling mineral water.
I used Diet 7Up. It’s basically the same thing as sparkling mineral water, it just has some added flavors.
How to Make a Wine Spritzer
Here is how I made my wine spritzer. Feel free to add your own flavors and change this up. This is a really easy recipe to change and make it totally your own.
- Fill the wine glass with ice. This is important because a well-chilled spritzer tastes more refreshing.
- Pour in the wine. Add the wine first because you want it to have the dominant flavor.
- Add a dash of 7up. This gives it the bubbles, so add as much or as little as you want.
- Drop in the lemon and pepper. The lemon and pepper give it the zest and spice.
What is the best wine for spritzer?
I used chardonnay and felt like this was the best choice for a spritzer. I’ve heard of others using really fruity wines like Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling.
Have fun with this and try it with different wines and decide which you like best.
How to Make a Keto Spritzer
Yes, you can have a spritzer and stay keto. Just be careful because too much alcohol can have a detrimental effect on your weight loss.
Perfect Keto has a blackberry spritzer recipe you should try. It uses tequila instead of wine. Due to the high alcohol content, there aren’t as many carbs in hard liquor as there are in wines.
How to Make a Virgin Wine Spritzer
These are easy to make for your kids (or non-drinking friends) too. To make this drink virgin, just use sparkling white grape juice.
You might want to not use the peppers if you choose to use the sparkling grape juice. It turns out really sweet and the peppers add a confusing taste.
What to Serve with Wine Spritzers
These are a fun drink to enjoy anytime. But the lemon and pepper make them the perfect drink to serve at fiestas and other spicy parties.
Serve them with taco bars or charcuterie boards that have peppers and spicy cheeses.
Zesty Wine Spritzer
- 1 Red Chili Pepper
- 750 ml Chardonnay 1 bottle
- 2 tsp Lemon
- 2 tbsp Lemon Lime Soda
- 2 cups Ice
- Fill the white wine glass 80% full of ice.
- Fill the glass of wine to the middle of the glass, about 1 cup of wine.
- Add a splash of Diet 7up.
- Cut the the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the glass of wine mixture.
- Cut 2 Slices of the red chili pepper for each glass. If you want the drink to be zesty and not spicy, leave out the seeds. They are strong and even if you like spicy, you probably only want to put a few seeds in your glass.
More Drink Recipes
Here are some more of my favorite drink recipes. If you enjoyed my wine spritzer, you’ll like these too.