This easy, Deep Fried Brussel Sprouts Recipe only needs a few simple ingredients from that you probably already have in your pantry. You can easily make this delicious side dish to complement any main course. This simple recipe was inspired by a restaurant side dish that made me fall in lover with crispy Brussels sprouts.
Brussel sprout love is a new development for me as it is not something that my mom made. I had no idea what they were and honestly would not have been able to pick them out of a line up of veggies. Once I discovered them and how healthy they are, I tried to make them for my husband. His response was to never eat them. That was until, I discovered the way to get them into my husband’s diet – Frank’s Red Hot and Cheese.
Buffalo Sauce is the way to my husband’s heart. If you have been following me for while, you will notice a buffalo sauce trend in my cooking. Here are some the recipes that I have made with Frank’s Red Hot over the years:
- This buffalo cauliflower side dish is great option for those looking for a low carb side dish.
- You can make this pulled buffalo chicken extremely easily in the instant pot or slow cooker. For the instant pot, the chicken can even come straight out of the freezer.
- My whole family is obsessed with Publix buffalo chicken dip – this is my own homemade version of their dip.
- Make these amazing buffalo chicken tacos as a main course for the family. Everyone will love them.
- If you are hosting a party, these buffalo chicken nachos are great choice.
Deep Fried Brussel Sprouts
The reason I have been so adamant about getting Brussel Spouts into my families diet is because they are super healthy for you. You cannot beat the amount of vitamins and minerals in Brussel sprouts. By blanching and then deep frying them, you get to keep the vitamins and minerals and get a crispy yummy side dish at the same time.
When I went to Montana a few weeks ago, I tried these buffalo Brussel sprouts. I had a debate with the other people at the table about the way the chef cooked them. I knew that it was not roasted or baked. It had to be fried because they were the crispiest Brussel spouts i had ever eaten. The chef confirmed that they blanched the sprouts first and then flash fried them.
Blanching Brussel Sprouts
In order to get the crispiest possible Brussel sprouts, you should blanch them quickly and then let them dry before frying them. As you know, oil and water do not mix. If you flash fry a wet Brussel sprout, you will have the oil spitting at you like crazy. That is why, if you have limited time, I think your best bet with fried Brussel spouts is to fry them without blanching. If you have time to blanch and let them dry, then you can do that instead.
How Many Carbs in Brussel Sprouts
There is one net carb in every Brussel Sprout. We cut them in half so that you can eat a decent amount of these flash fried Brussel sprouts on a low carb diet.
Are Brussel Sprouts Keto
Brussel Sprouts can be eaten on the Keto Diet, but it must be in moderation. If you eat 10 Brussel Sprouts, that is 5 net carbs and 10 total carbohydrates. They are good source of fiber, antioxidants, and Vitamin C and K. They are superstars of the veggie world and should not be dismissed while you are on a Keto Diet. Fiber and antioxidants nutrients are necessary to stay healthy and have regular bowel movements on the Keto Diet.
Flash Fried Brussel Sprouts
To make flash fried Brussel sprouts, you will need either a fryer or a pot filled with oil with a strainer spoon to fry your Brussel sprouts. Heat up the oil to __ temperature. You can check the temperature with this little gadget. You can set the temperature to high heat.
Cut the Brussel sprouts in half. Like I said above, you can blanch the Brussel sprouts beforehand and let them dry or you can just fry them right out of the package – after you slice them in half of course. You want them sliced in half and with the stem dry trimmed as you will get a crispier and better result this way.
How to Fry Brussel Sprouts
Using the fry basket or the spoon, add the Brussel sprouts into the oil.
Give the sprouts about a minute of cooking.
Then, use the spoon or the basket to scoop them out. Let the oil drip off. You want to make sure that the edges and the leaves are golden brown.
Next, drain on a paper towel so that the oil is sopped up.
To serve, add the Brussel sprouts to a dish, drizzle the buffalo sauce on top and add the blue cheese crumbles.
Fried Brussel Sprouts
- 20 Brussel Sprouts
- 2 cups Oil
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce
- To make flash fried brussel sprouts, you will need either a fryer or a pot filled with oil with a strainer spoon to fry your brussel sprouts. Heat up the oil to __ temperature. You can check the temperature with this little gadget. You can set the temperature to high heat.
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half. Like I said above, you can blanch the brussel sprouts beforehand and let them dry or ypu can just fry them right out of the package - agter you slice them in half of course. You want them sliced in half and with the stem dry trimmed as you will get a crispier anmd better result this way.
- How to Fry Brussel Sprouts
- Using the fry basket or the spoon, add the brussel sprouts into the oil.
- Give the sprouts about a minute of cooking.
- Then, use the spoon or the basket to scoop them out. Let the oil drip off. You want to make sure that the edges and the leaves are golden brown.
- Next, drain on a paper towel so that the oil is sopped up.
- To serve, add the brussel sprouts to a dish, drizzle the buffalo sauce on top and add the blue cheese crumbles.
Main Courses to go with Deep Fried Brussel Sprouts
If you are looking for main dishes to go with these crispy Brussel Sprouts, check these out.
- These Low Carb Instant Pot Ribs are a great choice for a main course.
- While you are deep frying these Brussel Sprouts, baked these shaved beef stuffed mushrooms.