Easy Soft Pretzel Bites are an amazing crowd pleaser and appetizer for your next party. They are also perfect for kids lunches and treats when you have playdates.
Easy SOFT Pretzel Bites
I have been itching to make this awesome pretzel dog recipe since one my favorite cheese place closed. They made the best mini cheese dogs in town and I miss them so much that I decided to try to make it myself. These Easy Pretzel Bites are the perfect way to make your own pretzels without surrendering your kitchen and your day to the pretzel gods. You can see my pretzel recipe takes a whole lot longer than this mini pretzel dog recipe.
Pretzel Bites Ingredients
- Pizza dough, store bought (Pillsbury, etc.)
- Cocktail Sausages, 10 per guest in attendance
- 2 TBSP Salt
- Sprinkling of flaked salt or Pretzel Salt or Sea Salt
- 1 TBSP Salted Butter, melted
Nathan’s Beef Cocktail Franks
These mini cocktail franks are not that easy to find. I found these Nathan’s Beef Cocktail Franks at BJ’s Wholesale Club. I am sure that other grocery stores carry them. If you are calling ahead, use the words cocktail franks or cocktail hot dogs to speak the language of the grocers. They are really just mini hot dogs, but have been coined cocktail franks.
Dips for Pretzel Bites
To be honest, these mini pretzel dogs do not need a dip, but if you feel so inclined to create one here are a few ideas and a recipe for the cheese dip in the picture.
What to Dip Soft Pretzels In?
- This beer cheese recipe goes great with these mini pretzel bites.
- You can dip your dogs into this cheesy pesto avocado spread.
- Honey Mustard
- Ranch Dressing
- Marinara Sauce
- Garlic Butter
- Hot Salsa Cheese Dip
- Cream Cheese
Pretzel Cheese Dip
Take your pretzel bites to the next level with this pretzel cheese dip.
How to Make Cheese Dip for Pretzels?
Don’t miss our kitchen tool and equipment buying guide.
How to Make Pretzel Bites?
Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the pre-made pizza dough is small strips, matching the number of cocktail sausages you have.
Wrap the sausage in one strip of dough, from one end to the other. Tuck the end of the dough under the dough so that there is no end sticking out.
Boil 4 – 6 cups of water and dissolve the salt in the water.
Take the Water off the heat.
Carefully, drop the pretzels into the water and let them sit from 10 to 30 seconds.
Take them out the hot water using a strainer skimmer or slotted spoon.
If the dough starts unraveling, just roll it up again when it cools down a little.
Bake the pretzels for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
While the pretzels are baking, microwave the butter to melt it. Most microwaves have a melt butter setting.
To get the pretzels brown and crispy, broil them for 1 to 2 minutes. Ovens vary and you will need watch them in the broiler so you don’t burn them.
Remove from the oven and brush them lightly with melted butter.
Sprinkle flake or sea salt over each pretzel bite.
Easy Pretzel Bites
- Pizza dough, store bought (Pillsbury, etc.)
- Cocktail sausages (as many as you want to make)
- ¼ Cup Salt
- Sprinkling of flaked salt (can use table salt if you don’t have flaked)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut the pizza dough is small strips, matching the number of cocktail sausages you have.
- Wrap the sausage in one strip of dough, from one end to the other. Tuck the end of the dough under the dough so that there is no end sticking out.
- Boil 4 – 6 cups of water and dissolve the salt in the water.
- Take the Water off the heat.
- Carefully, drop the pretzels into the water and let them sit from 10 to 30 seconds.
- Take them out of the water with a strainer spoon and put them on a parchment lined baking sheet. If the dough starts unraveling, just roll it up again.
- Bake them for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- If after the 12 minutes are up and they are not brown enough, then broil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Ovens vary and you will need watch them in the broiler.
- Remove from the oven and brush them lightly with melted butter.
- Sprinkle flake or sea salt over each pretzel bite.
Enjoy these yummy pretzel dogs!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
Take your next gathering to the next level with these amazing appetizer recipes.
- These coconut crusted chicken tenders are delicious and a healthy alternative to breaded chicken strips.
- Rev up your tortilla scoops by filling them with guac and bacon in this amazing recipe.
- Make everything bite sized for your next party with these garlic stuffed mushrooms.
- Feel like breaking out the deep fryer, take your pickles up a notch by deep frying them.
Never Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.