This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
The holiday season is officially upon us, and I have been working diligently on a festive holiday menu. My in-laws are coming down to Florida for the holidays, and we are hosting them for the week. I am doing my best to incorporate local and in season fruits and veggies into the menu. I am excited that to be enjoying The Holidays with Florida Strawberries this year because they are actually in season in winter (November through April).
Strawberries are extremely good for you. Strawberries are virtually fat-free and contain no cholesterol. They are an excellent source of folic acid that helps the body metabolize protein. Research by the USDA indicates that strawberries may help fight cancer, heart disease and other ills. They are low in calories (about 45 per serving) and high in ellagic acid, which is believed to help reduce the risk of cancer. A serving size of strawberries is one cup (5 oz.). Here are some more of the Healthy Benefits of Florida Strawberries.
Strawberry Bruschetta Side Salad Recipe
Heat balsamic vinegar in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
Let the vinegar reduce by half.
Remove the vinegar from the small skillet and let cool.
Dice up the strawberries.
MAKE SURE YOU VISIT ALL THE DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY RECIPES FROM #SUNDAYSUPPER:
- Balsamic Strawberry Brie Bites by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Savory Strawberry Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry Apple Salsa by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Hummus by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Desserts Required
- Classic Eton Mess by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fresh Strawberry Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Goopy Goop – A Healthy Strawberry Sauce by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Bundt Cake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry Layer Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting by Family Around The Table
- Grilled Balsamic Strawberry & Chicken Kabobs by Books n’ Cooks
- Grilled Fish Topped with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Strawberry BBQ Shredded Chicken by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry and Arugula Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Almond Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Bread by An Appealing Plan
- Strawberry Bruschetta Side Salad by April Golightly
- Strawberry Coleslaw by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Pecan Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Florida Strawberry is launching a huge giveaway this season. Submit a fabulous photo with Florida strawberries and receive a free Florida Strawberry cap plus get entered for a chance to win a getaway to Florida at the TradeWinds Island Resort in St. Pete’s Beach. Airfare, accommodations, and a tour of a strawberry farm in Plant City for up to 4 people. Learn more about the giveaway Here.
You can submit a photo directly through the link Here or on social media using the #FLStrawberryCap hashtag. Also, here are terms and conditions of the giveaway.The Florida Strawberry Cap Contest #FloridaStrawberryCap begins on December 12, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. and ends on February 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. You can enter for the grand prize as many times as you’d like. They are hand selecting their favorite image so be creative!!
PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER