This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
The holiday season is officially upon us, and I have been working diligently on a festive holiday menu. My in-laws are coming down to Florida for the holidays, and we are hosting them for the week. I am doing my best to incorporate local and in season fruits and veggies into the menu. I am excited that to be enjoying The Holidays with Florida Strawberries this year because they are actually in season in winter (November through April).
Some of the other recipes that I will be serving while my family is visiting incorporating local produce are there:
- Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms with local tomatoes
- Tomato Guacamole Appetizer with local avocados
- Cauliflower Casserole with local cauliflower
Strawberries are extremely good for you. Strawberries are virtually fat-free and contain no cholesterol. They are an excellent source of folic acid that helps the body metabolize protein. Research by the USDA indicates that strawberries may help fight cancer, heart disease, and other ills. They are low in calories (about 45 per serving) and high in ellagic acid, which is believed to help reduce the risk of cancer. A serving size of strawberries is one cup (5 oz.). Here are some more of the Healthy Benefits of Florida Strawberries.
Strawberry Bruschetta Side Salad Recipe
Heat balsamic vinegar in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
Let the vinegar reduce by half.
Remove the vinegar from the small skillet and let cool.
Dice up the strawberries.
If you are looking for an easy cocktail to bring to a dinner party that is low carb, check out White Claw. It has between 2 to zero carbs with 100 to 70 calories per can.
More Appetizers and Side Dishes with Strawberry:
- Balsamic Strawberry Brie Bites by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Savory Strawberry Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry Apple Salsa by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Hummus by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Almond Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Bread by An Appealing Plan
- Strawberry Coleslaw by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Pecan Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER